At Valley Sports Physicians & Orthopedic Medicine, we are NOT specialists in pain management. There are physicians who specifically specialize in Pain Management, and undertake training in special “pain fellowships.” Our doctors serve patients in Hartford, Avon and New Haven, CT. We offer a holistic approach to medicine and our doctors of osteopathy can help people quickly ‘get back in the game’. So while we may not be specialists in pain management we do offer many treatments that help relieve pain associated with a variety of sports injuries.
However, we do see and treat a lot of patients with chronic pain problems (see below). But if your problem is more severe, or if it does not respond to the treatments we have to offer, then we may refer you to a dedicated pain specialist for further evaluation and possible treatment.
*Please note—we do not treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or cancer-related pain.
The most common pain problems we treat in our office include:
- Low back pain (including disc disease and arthritis)
- Neck pain (including disc disease, arthritis, and whiplash injuries)
- Joint pain and arthritis
- Myofascial pain syndromes
- Pain from posture imbalance
- Pain from chronic sprains and strains, including chronic tendinitis
- Pain from sports injuries