With the increasing popularity of stem cell procedures, we are seeing a wide range of prices being quoted. However, according to the statistics from Cell Surgical Network, the average procedure cost in the United States is $8,000. However, this can vary substantially depending on a number of factors, and we’ve seen prices range from $2000 to as high as $15,000! Factors that can influence pricing include (but are not limited to):
- The number of injections given or areas/joints treated;
- Whether image guidance, such as ultrasound or fluoroscopy is used;
- The type of procedure being employed – whether the stem cells are harvested from bone marrow, fat derived, or umbilical cord blood;
- The level of skill and experience of the provider;
- The going rate in a given market. Some cities and areas of the country can support higher prices;
- How greedy the practice wants to be (let’s be honest here! Some practices are just gouging patients.)
Here at Valley Sports Physicians we charge $4000 for a basic stem cell procedure to one joint; additional joints are $200 more per joint. While we can charge far more, because these treatments are NOT covered by insurance our philosophy is to make these procedures more accessible to a wider range of patients, not just those who are financially well-off. Nonetheless, we have been performing stem cell treatments longer than most practices in the country (2008); few practices have the level of skill and experience that we have.